Homepage


Rebuilding Ayton Meeting House
Page four


Meeting House
Page one 
Page two 
Page three 
Page four

Renovation
Page one
Page two
Page three
Page four

Page five

 

Photographs here were taken on 12th March 2001. It all looks a mess but, with joiners and decorators working throughout, there is not much more to be done before the benches are moved back in and the Meeting House is ready for worship at Easter.

The entrance area - this photograph was taken a few steps in from the front door. You can just see the kitchen hatch on the right with doors now fitted, then the small meeting room and beyond the main Meeting Room.

The staircase and banisters are now almost finished - this view looks from the top of the stairs down to the front entrance.

The room at the top of the stairs where School and AOSA memorabilia is to be displayed is nearing completion. Here, Gill Jackson examines the storage cupboards while the joiner took a break.

The 1914 - 18 War Memorial Tablet - which used to be in the School dining room - is safely installed in the upstairs room.

Follow this link to a page from the 1920-21 AOSA Annual report which records the original unveiling. This same page lists the names on the Tablet.

The main meeting room looking from the Graveyard end showing the space available with the small meeting room at the far end which will be partitioned off for most of the time. Note the deeper windows.

It looks a real mess but, with colour and wall paper now appearing, will soon look really good.

The meeting room lighting is mainly provided by unobtrusive down-lights - one of which seen here being fitted.

 

Return to:
Homepage


Meeting House Page one | Page two | Page three | Page four
Renovation - Page one | Page two | Page three | Page four | Page five